Mac OSX Sierra and MCR 2015b

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      carnico
      Participant

Hi,

I’ve installed the brainsuite on my Sierra powered machine.

I manage to run CSE sequence without problem.

Then, when I try to run SVreg, then the program halt, with the log below.

I try to donwload and install the MCR 2015b, but after the donwload, if I click to “InstallForMacOSX”, the install process doesn’t start.

Actually, i found that MCR 2015b is not compatible with Sierra, as MathWorks reports (https://it.mathworks.com/products/compiler/mcr.html).

Then, since I have Matlab R2016b installed on my system, I tried to install MCR 2016b which, however, doesn’t work.

How do you manage to run SVreg in Sierra without MCR 2015b?

Best Regards

Nicolò.

Brainsuite log.

xecuting: /Applications/BrainSuite16a1/svreg/bin/svreg_label_surf_hemi.sh /Users/nico/Desktop/Prova_BS/t1 /Applications/BrainSuite16a1/svreg/BrainSuiteAtlas1/mri left -v1
      Executing: /Applications/BrainSuite16a1/svreg/bin/svreg_label_surf_hemi.sh /Users/nico/Desktop/Prova_BS/t1 /Applications/BrainSuite16a1/svreg/BrainSuiteAtlas1/mri right -v1
      Error running surface labeling. Processing halted.
      left log:
      —–
      /Applications/BrainSuite16a1/svreg/bin/svreg_label_surf_hemi.sh: line 17: syntax error near unexpected token `(‘
      /Applications/BrainSuite16a1/svreg/bin/svreg_label_surf_hemi.sh: line 17: ` echo “Could not find Matlab 2015b with Matlab Compiler or MCR 2015b (v7.17).”‘

right log:
      —–
      /Applications/BrainSuite16a1/svreg/bin/svreg_label_surf_hemi.sh: line 17: syntax error near unexpected token `(‘
      /Applications/BrainSuite16a1/svreg/bin/svreg_label_surf_hemi.sh: line 17: ` echo “Could not find Matlab 2015b with Matlab Compiler or MCR 2015b (v7.17).”‘

• This topic was modified 7 years ago by carnico.
      carnico
      Participant

Ok, I’ve manage to install MCR runtime 2015b, but the error is still the same.

MCR is in the /Applications/MATLAB/MATLAB_Runtime/v90, but BS can’t load it.

Anand Joshi

Hi You need the MCR for 2015b. Good to know that the MCR is now installed. Did you reboot the computer after that? Please let me know if you still have the issue.

carnico
      Participant

Thanks Anand.

I solved the problem re-installing brainsuite.

The svreg runs fine with my data with the flag “refine sulcal curves”, otherwise it give me an error.

Thanks a lot and Best Regards

Anand Joshi

Hi Carnico, What is the error you got? It should run with or without the flag. Anand

carnico
      Participant

Hi Anand,

actually there was a problem in skull stripping step, it was not so precise. Once manually corrected it ran correctly also without the flag.

Thanks

Anand Joshi

Great! The latest version of BrainSuite (17a) contains automatic skull extraction. You can give it a try.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.