parpool error

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      todflak
      Participant

I have been using BS ver 16 and 17 for over a year, running using command line, on Windows platform.
      I just upgraded to BS version 18a.
      Now when I try to run svreg, I get the error below:

> In svreg (line 28)
      The whole surface volume registration and labeling sequence takes about 90-100 min.
      Starting parallel pool (parpool) using the ‘local’ profile … Error using parpool (line 103)
      You requested a minimum of 3 workers, but the cluster “local” has the NumWorkers property set to allow a maximum of 2 workers. To run a communicating job on more workers than this (up to a maximum of 512 for the Local cluster), increase the value of the NumWorkers property for the cluster. The default value of NumWorkers for a Local cluster is the number of cores on the local machine.

Error in svreg (line 169)

parallel:cluster:LocalProfileNumWorkersExceeded

So, I understand this has something to do with a setting for number of parallel processes. But I have no idea where to set the NumWorkers property. Is this documented?
      Furthermore, I found that by adding the command line option “-U” (to specify single-threaded mode), everything seems to work again… and, surprisingly, it looks like the svreg process is utilizing all four cores on my Windows machine! What gives?

Thanks,
      Tod

Anand Joshi

You can delete .matlab or .mcr directory that contains settings of matlab. so deleting these directories will clear those settings.
      You could also use -U flag which will process one cortical hemisphere at a time, and use multiple cores whenever possible.

todflak
      Participant

Of course, I should have realized that this was a MatLab issue. Thanks for the clarification!
      -Tod

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.