Error opening curveset files

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      jihyeonje
      Participant

I was able to successfully run all steps of svreg. However, when I try to open the .dfc files you get after running refine sulci (left/right.mapped.refined.dfc), I am getting an error “curve sizes do not match: 36!= 26). The odd part is that I was able to open it fine with the BrainSuiteAtlas but this error only happens for the other two default atlases. Have any of you encountered the same issue?

Anand Joshi

Please use the .dfc files without .all in their names.
      The .all files are nonstandard and have an extended set of curves which might not be compatible with some brainsuite versions.

jihyeonje
        Participant

Thanks for the follow-up. I am opening the .dfc files without .all in their names but am getting the error. When I open the file in Matlab, I see 10 empty rows which I believe is the reason why it’s making it 36 instead of 26. Do you know how to address this issue?

Anand Joshi

Are you able to open files without .refined.dfc?

jihyeonje
        Participant

No, neither left/right.mapped.all.dfc, .mapped.dfc, nor .mapped.refined.dfc would open for the BCI-DNI or USC brain atlas (I was able to open the files for BrainSuite atlas using the same pipeline however).

Anand Joshi

It seems a bit odd, let me see if I get the same error.

Anand Joshi

Ok, i narrowed it down and it actually is a bug, but we will fix it in the next release.
      As a workaround, you can do the following

In your brainsuite installation

1. Rename the file BrainSuite21a/svreg/BCI-DNI_brain_atlas/sulcal_protocol_HD.xml to
      BrainSuite21a/svreg/BCI-DNI_brain_atlas/sulcal_protocol_HD.xml.old

2. copy /home/ajoshi/BrainSuite21a/svreg/BCI-DNI_brain_atlas/BCI-DNI_brain.sulcal_protocol_HD.xml to /home/ajoshi/BrainSuite21a/svreg/BCI-DNI_brain_atlas/sulcal_protocol_HD.xml

Now if you reprocess the data, it should work as intended.

jihyeonje
        Participant

Thank you so much for the help! I just ran the process again with the changes and now I can open the files (they still have 36 curvesets with 10 empty curvesets). However, I cannot visualize them (nothing will show up) even though I can see the curvesets in the toolbox. I assume this is because I still have more than 26? Is there a way to manually remove curvesets using the toolbox?

Anand Joshi

The curve tool is only for visualization of the curves, currently.
      To see the curves, please make sure that a surface is loaded.
      For example, drag and drop
      <subject>.inner.cortex.dfs into brainsuite and the curves will show up. thx,

jihyeonje
        Participant

Thank you so much, it works now!

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.