BDP running error message

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      weimiao
      Participant

Hi BDP developers,
      I put all my files in one folder and downloaded the exercises dataset and was trying to run bdp,
      so this is what I have
      Error message: the bvec file does not seems to contain valid gradient vectors: 2523412.dwi.bvec
      the generator error message is:Unknown text on line number 1 of ASCII file 2523412.dwi.bvec
      Error help/resolution: BDP relies on pre-defined file format and filemap pattern. Please refer to error message above. You can find more details of file format at …

How do I continue?
      Thanks

sychoi
      Participant

It looks like the bvec file is not in the format that can be read by BDP
      Here is a sample of what BDP looks for: http://brainsuite.org/examples/siemens_20.txt

You might have to reformat it to this or I would suggest using dcm2nii to convert your dicoms to nifti

weimiao
      Participant

Hi Sychoi,
      I downloaded this data from
      http://brainsuite.org/tutorials/dtiexercise/

IT should be matched, right?
      Thanks.
      Miao

weimiao
      Participant

oh, somehow it is running fine now. I will let you know when there are other issues I am not sure how to solve. Thanks.
      Miao
      PS. I run my own data and got bfc.nii.gz, but how to get .dwi.bval and .dwi.bvec and dwi.nii.gz file to fun BDP?

divarada
      Participant

Bvalue (.bval) and Bvector (.bvec) files are sampling protocol information of your dwi file. This should be provided as input to run BDP – It should have been published along with your diffusion data.

weimiao
      Participant

It has not been published yet. Where do I get them?

divarada
      Participant

You should have got them along with your data.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.