Surface display

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      EmilyLars
      Participant

Hi,
      I’m trying to create an image with an overlay projected onto my 3D volume, but with a box cut out to show interior structures, and I can’t figure out how to do this beside just moving the cross hairs in orthogonal view. Is there a way to do this with the surface rendering as well?
      Thanks,
      Emily

David Shattuck
      Keymaster

Hi Emily –

I can’t quite picture what you have in mind — is there an image in a publication or online that is similar to what you are trying to make?

You might try using a cutting plane in the 3D view. You can turn toggle these using the x/y/z keys. E.g., for press x once to cut in the +x direction, a second time to cut in the -x direction, and a third time to turn off the cutting plane.

thanks,
      David Shattuck

EmilyLars
      Participant

Hi David,
      Yes it’s a bit hard to describe. I have some images but they are just slides and I’m not sure what publication they came from. Can I email an example image to your UCLA email and you can let me know if something similar is possible?
      Thanks,
      Emily

David Shattuck
      Keymaster

Hi Emily –

Yes, please do.

thanks,
      David

zafarneyaz
      Participant

I am also trying to create a new volume, suppose a brain tumor. then in surface mode, i want to show the tumor volume along with the labelled cortical surfaces. this may give surgeons a better orientation of mass lesion in relation to gyral anatomy.

Is there some way i can do this in brain suite

yeunkim
      Participant

Hi Zafarneyaz,

You can mask out the lesion using our Mask tool and then generate a surface of the lesion by clicking “Make Surface” under the Surface Generator in the Delineation Toolbox sidebar (under Mask Tool tab). Information on masking can be found here.

After, you can load in the labelled cortical surfaces and the lesion surfaces onto BrainSuite.

Best,
      Yeun

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.