Structure of .eig.nii.gz

Forums Forums BrainSuite Diffusion Pipeline (BDP) Structure of .eig.nii.gz

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tderamus 2 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

tderamus
    Participant

Hi BrainSuite Experts.

I’m attempting to reconstruct some tensors I computed using Matlab and FSL to visualize them in Brainsuite, but I’m at a loss as to how to construct and load these images into Brainsuite.

I know in the documentation it says the .eig.nii.gz files contain eigenvalues and eigenvectors, but are these stacked as a timeseries?

More importantly, is it all eigenvalues and then all eigenvectors? Or is it each eigenvalue followed by its corresponding vectors in time?

Thank you.

divarada
    Participant

You can use the following function available in our source code release to generate eig.nii.gz files that can be visualized on BrainSuite.

function generate_eig_file(L1, L2, L3, V1, V2, V3, outputFileName)
    %GENERATE_EIG Generate .eig file. Eigenvalues (L1, L2, L3) &
    % Eigenvectors(V1, V2, V3) can be nii structures or .nii.gz or .nii files.
    %
    % outputFileName – file name with/without extension (with full path)
    %

As you can see in the description, it just needs the tensor eigenvalues and eigenvectors. The function concatenates these files in a certain way that BrainSuite understands. It should be clear when you just look at this function.

Thanks.

tderamus
    Participant

My apologies,

But I’ve gone through the the BrainSuite GUI and command line tools and the BDP source code and I can’t seem to locate this function in either.

I can’t seem to locate a command in my linux installation of Brainsuite17a either.

Would you happen to be able to point me to the download in which is located? Or the command in linux I would use?

tderamus
    Participant

Nevermind I just found it in:

BDP16a_src\data_handling_tools

Thank you!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.