installation problems

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      LucaF
      Participant

Dear all,
      I’m installing brainsuite 15c in a windows 64-bit PC with Matlab2015b.
      Installation run correctly and the progrom opens, but when I try to open a volume (in all ways possible) the program goes in stack!?!?
      Do you think is problem of compatibility between new matlab version and bs15c?
      Do I need to download MCR 2012a and Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x64)?
      I have done but the problem still there.
      Could you help me?
      P.S I tried also version 15b, same result!

Anand Joshi

Hi Luca,
      Were you able to open the MRI volume in the BrainSuite? What kind of data format are you using?
      Also there is a test data available on the BrainSuite website. Can you try and see if you can open that data?
      Here is a link to the test data.
      http://brainsuite.org/WebTutorialData/BrainSuiteTutorialCSE_Feb15.zip

Anand

LucaF
        Participant

Hi Anand,
        unfortunatley I cannot open my MRI data (.nii) since my BS goes in stuck immediatley I press on “open volume”…
        Do you think matlab 2015b and BS15c has problem compatibility?
        Luca

Anand Joshi

I don’t think it is related to Matlab version as Matlab comes into play only later at the labeling step. Are you able to open the volume by opening brainsuite and then dragging and droppping nii volume into brainsuite interface?
        Another alternative is to right click on the nii file in windows explorer, and then select open with-> BrainSuite15c.
        Do any of these options work on your computer?

christ21
      Participant

I have the same problem like Luca. As soon as I press on “open volume” or “save volume” BS does not work any more. It is only possible to open the file by using the Windows Explorer.
      I also use NIFTI format and have tried several versions of BS.

David Shattuck
      Keymaster

I haven’t seen this problem previously — can both of you let me know what operating system/version you are using?

thanks,
      David

LucaF
      Participant

Dear David,
      I’m using win 7 pro 64bit.
      Now, dragging and dropping file works, and all steps until split hemispheres works.
      I’m trying also to use BDP correction gui, but that additional tool still does’n work.
      Luca
      With that version of win and with Matlab 2015b do I need to download MCR_R2012a and Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package?

Luca

Anand Joshi

Hi Luca,
        Yes, you need to install MCR for R2012a version of matlab. Higher or lower versions of MCR are not compatible. Once you install the correct MCR, and the VC++ 2010 redistributable, I think all the steps will work fine.
        Anand

LucaF
        Participant

I already install both, I will re-try unistalling it and install again both.
        Luca

LucaF
      Participant

{Error using rmdir
      C:\Users\SENSOR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\tpaefd12d0_3889_4aab_b4e1_352aa42c1d5f
      could not be removed.

Error in load_nii_BIG_Lab (line 49)

OK now somthing better…improve.
      Anyway during SVreg after 33% of working I get the following error…

Error in load_nii_z (line 38)
      Error in svreg_volreg (line 184)
      }
      MATLAB:RMDIR:SomeDirectoriesNotRemoved

Anand Joshi

Can you reproduce this error? Do you get the exact same error when you try again? Were there other programs running in the background as well? I recommend closing all programs and then running BrainSuite only to see how it works.

Zeynep
      Participant

Hi,
      I’m installing brainsuite 16a in a windows 64-bit PC with Matlab2015b.Installation run correctly and the progrom opens. The program works without errors. In the result files, the .txt file can not be obtained.
      In the same way, when I install another computer, I can get the txt. file.
      What could be the error in my computer?
      Zeynep

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.