BrainSuite GUI compile under debian Linux

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      xfgavin
      Participant

Hi there,

I got following errors when I compile the GUI under Debian Linux using qtcreator. Could you please let me know what I should do next?

Thanks

/opt/fmritools/BrainSuite/BrainSuite16a_src/BrainSuite16a/bsw_filehandlers.cpp:-1: error: undefined reference to `void BrainSuiteWindow::showDialog<CorticalExtractionSequenceDialog>(std::unique_ptr<CorticalExtractionSequenceDialog, std::default_delete<CorticalExtractionSequenceDialog> >&)’

/opt/fmritools/BrainSuite/BrainSuite16a_src/BrainSuite16a/bsw_filehandlers.cpp:-1: error: undefined reference to `void BrainSuiteWindow::showDialog<ConnectivityViewDialog>(std::unique_ptr<ConnectivityViewDialog, std::default_delete<ConnectivityViewDialog> >&)’

/opt/fmritools/BrainSuite/BrainSuite16a_src/BrainSuite16a/bsw_filehandlers.o:-1: In function `BrainSuiteWindow::loadBSTFile(std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >)’:

David Shattuck
      Keymaster

Hi Gavin –

Can you provide some additional details about your compilation environment? Are you building this within Qt Creator? Which compiler are you using?

I do have a package that includes the GUI for linux, but we are still preparing it and packaging it for distribution. If you want to try it out and give us feedback, send me an email (dshattuck ucla edu) and I can provide it to you.

thanks,
      David Shattuck

David Shattuck
      Keymaster

Hi Gavin –

I think you are probably using either the build I sent you in August, or perhaps the current linux release version. In any case, I believe I have resolved this issue with the latest release of BrainSuite (16a1). I think it has to do with differences between the gcc compiler and the clang compiler. Clang didn’t report any errors compiling the 16a source code, but gcc did. I have fixed the few places where there were problems, and I have successfully compiled the source code under gcc 4.8. We still use clang for the official releases.

thanks,
      David

dakarai
      Participant

Hi David,

I have received the following error while running BrainSuite 17a on Debian Linux.

./brainsuite/brainsuite17a/bin
      QXcbIntegration: Cannot create platform OpenGL context, neither GLX nor EGL are enabled
      QMetaObject::connectSlotsByName: No matching signal for on_cancel_clicked()
      QObject::connect: Cannot queue arguments of type ‘QTextBlock’
      (Make sure ‘QTextBlock’ is registered using qRegisterMetaType().)
      QObject::connect: Cannot queue arguments of type ‘QTextCursor’
      (Make sure ‘QTextCursor’ is registered using qRegisterMetaType().)
      Segmentation fault

Can you please advise how to proceed?

Thank you.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.